The SGSMA 2022 proceedings have been published on IEEE Xplore effective on 2022-06-29.
The International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems (IJEPES) Special issue on “Smartgrid Synchronised Measurements and Analytics” is open and the selected papers will be receiving invitations.
Authors are notified, that since the SGSMA papers will be under IEEE copyright, and the SGSMA Special issue is published with Elsevier, it is important that the author secures copyright to the SGSMA paper to avoid issues of plagiarism and copyright infringement. Authors can easily secure copyright to the SGSMA paper by accessing the IEEE Rightslink service once the paper has been published in IEEExplore.
Please click on the Special issue website to find more details.
Online attendance – by exception only
Renata Rubeša, PhD, Head of the Department SCADA/EMS applications, Croatian Transmission System Operator HOPS, Croatia
Renata Rubeša received her PhD degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Zagreb, Croatia in 2015. Since 2005. she has been with the Croatian transmission system Operator, where she started working as a relay protection engineer. She is currently head of department for the support to power system control in HOPS.
The presentation will deal with paths, issues and solutions how TSOs face the challenges of integrating the benefits of a WAM system in the control room.
Please click here to find more details.
Online attendance – by exception only
SGSMA 2022 conference strongly promotes in person attendance. Authors who anticipate the inability to travel to the SGSMA conference because of a government or employer imposed travel restriction can participate online. The papers will be included in the Proceedings if the conference fees for online attendance are settled.
Within two weeks of acceptance notification, travel-restricted authors must notify the Technical Program Chair of the conference with proof/reasoning of their restriction. Substitute presenters may be possible or, depending on conference resources, other accommodations may be available, such as a remote presentation and/or pre-recorded video.
In recognition of delays and uncertainties regarding conference participation caused by the continuing COVID-19 pandemic, the deadline for submission of papers to SGSMA 2022 is extended until December 15th, 2021. The date for notification of acceptance of submissions is correspondingly shifted to February 15th, 2022. This is the final paper submission deadline extension.
Authors who anticipate the inability to travel to the SGSMA conference because of a government- or employer-imposed travel restriction are still encouraged to submit papers. Such papers will be reviewed based on their own merit for publication in Conference Proceedings, without any knowledge of the author’s travel restriction. Within two weeks of paper acceptance notification, travel-restricted authors must notify the Technical Program Chair of the conference with proof of their restriction. Substitute presenters may be possible or, depending on conference resources, other accommodations may be available, such as a remote presentation or pre-recorded video.
Welcome to the SGSMA 2022
The International Conference on Smart Grid Synchronized Measurements and Analytics 2022 (SGSMA 2022) provides a leading forum for disseminating the latest research in Synchronized Measurements and Analytics. The SGSMA brings together leading researchers and developers from academia, research and industry from all over the world to facilitate innovation, knowledge transfer and the technical progress in addressing synchronized measurements and analytics to advance smart grids. The theme of the conference will be focused particularly on synchronized sampling and synchrophasors. The conference will attract scientific and applied research findings in Smart Grid Synchronized Measurements and Analytics. The attendees will get the opportunity to present their findings, learn about the recent research results from others, and be able to network with some of the leading luminaries, academics, researchers and practitioners in this area.
Link to previous conferences and events:
IEEE SGSMA 2019 – Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, USA, May 20-23, 2019
IEEE SGSMA 2021 – Online event, May 25th – 27th, 2021
Topics of Interest
- Theory and fundamentals of synchronized measurements
- Synchronized sampling and synchronized phasor calculation
- The time reference and clock sources used for synchronized measurements
- Time dissemination techniques
- Synchronized measurement instrumentation
- Calibration systems for synchronized measurement instrumentation
- End-to-end calibration of synchronized measurement systems
- Procedures for certification of synchronized measurement devices and systems
- Acceptance, commissioning an field testing of synchronized measurement systems
- Applications of synchronized measurement instruments to critical infrastructure systems
- Modeling and simulation of synchronized measurements
- Data analytics for power system applications of synchronized measurements
- Implementation and design of synchronized measurement devices and systems
- Graphical user interfaces for synchronized measurement devices and systems
- Bad data detection and troubleshooting tools for synchronized measurement systems
- Metrics for performance evaluation of synchronized measurement applications
- Design and application of synchrophasor systems and components
- Situation awareness systems based on synchronized measurements
- Use of synchronized measurements in distribution and the grid “edge” applications
- Use of synchronized measurements in wide-area monitoring, control and protection (WAMPAC) systems
- Educational issues and curriculum related to synchronized measurements
- Cybersecurity issues and solutions for synchronized measurement systems
- The next generation of EMS and DMS systems based on synchronized measurements